An exciting opportunity for networking and mentoring for mid-level academics has been developed by the Swiss Academies of Science.
The Swiss Young Academy gives young researchers the opportunity to carry out inter- and transdisciplinary projects. With their dedication and contributions, members pursue the early identification of challenges facing society, provide solutions for these challenges, and foster a dialogue between science and society.
The Swiss Young Academy offers its members the following benefits:
- A networking platform focused on current issues and questions related to science policy
- Inter- and transdisciplinary collaboration on projects related to the thematic areas of focus set by the Academies and their associated institutions
- Mentoring and development programmes for young academics that strengthen their skills as well as their national and international networks
- Greater access to equal opportunities and a heightened awareness of issues related to society and its dialogue with science
- Individual support during the five years of membership, coupled with the overall benefits of joint projects for scholarship in Switzerland
- Members function as the Academy’s contacts abroad while also representing the diversity of the scientific field in Switzerland